2000 - Present | BEX: Freelance Graphic Design | Minneapolis, MN
Provides unique visual and communication solutions grounded in strategic thinking that supports the message and contributes to the success of the project. Forward thinking, trend-setting, and fast-paced design philosophy.
Current Client list includes the following:
• Manitou Station | Restaurant, Bar, Catering and Banquet Hall | White Bear Lake, MN
• Visit Minneapolis North | Community Visitor’s Bureau and Destination Organization | Brooklyn Center, MN
• Futura Marketing | Freelance Service for high-profile clients including Ecolab, Häagen-Dazs, and LandOLakes |Eden Prairie, MN
• Innovative Tools and Technologies | Industrial Parts Management Product Manufacturer | Centerville, MN
2001 - 2007 | American Academy of Neurology (AAN) | St. Paul, MN
Art Director / Brand Management / Design Team Lead. Responsible for management of the in-house design team as well as providing high-level art direction and maintaining a consistent representation of the AAN brand and maintaining non-profit budget.
• Work with internal clients to develop design direction based on project objectives and budget
• Team with writers and editors to develop unique, intelligent, thought-driven design solutions
• Manage press and production responsibilities to carry solid concept through to execution
• Provide project management and art direction for key campaigns
• Develop career path and professional growth goals for design team individuals and interns
• Develop communication pieces and collateral for 20,000(+) member association, including design materials for neurological convention drawing over 10,000 participants held in different US locations annually
Summer 2000 | Peggy Lauritson Design Group | Minneapolis, MN
Design Intern / Summer learning experience with an award-winning Minneapolis design group
• Prepare design comps for high-priority client presentations
• Participate in projects providing support to design staff including photo search, administrative assistance and media trackingcapabilities.Proficient on both Mac and PC platforms and current design softare for both environments. Best offerings in graphic design are for various print projects in all shapes and sizes as well as for identity/logo design and high-level branding.
• Advanced skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, Quark, InDesign, Corel Draw and Acrobat
• Web design and applying consistent distinct brand elements across all media
• Production management and project planning
• Client, vendor and inter-departmental liaison skills
• Detailed and critical thinker
• Digital photography, scanning and photo manipulation
• Developing professional Power Point templates and presentationseducation.
2000 . St. Cloud State University / St. Cloud, MNB.S. Mass Communication / AdvertisingGraphic Design minor2001 . Communicating with Color / Minneapolis, MNPantone sponsored color seminar2005 . HOW Design Conference / Chicago, ILVariety of design/technology related workshops and courses2002-2010 . Continued Education Courses / St. Paul, MNContinued Education- Adobe AcrobatContinued Education- Quark ExpressContinued Education- Adobe Photoshop CS5Continued Education- Adobe InDesign CS5AIGA Software Seminar Series “Nuts and Bolts”awards.2003, 2004, 2008- MSAE Presidential Award(s) 2009, 2010- Work Selected for Logo Lounge Book Series